Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Francis Miot jams, candy, and chocolate

Today was a small little excursion to a jam, candy, and chocolate factory. Along with all these things were a few slightly crude, but funny candies and chocolates. There were molds of chocolate rabbits in questionable positions, along with a large sausage shaped chocolate mound. The jams made at this factory are considered specialties of this region of France. Southern France in particular is known for its jams. They often eat a soft cheese with bread and jam after their meals and often before dessert. In particular Pau and the surrounding Aquitaine region specializes in black cherry jam, which is fantastic. I officially have less than 7 days in Pau.
I've truly enjoyed my stay but ready to do a bit more exploring and start my trek back to my home in San Marcos.
Front of the candy factory building. Not too impressive, but the candy and jams inside!!

 Les bons bons!
Different sugars. I realize I didn't take enough pictures...If you put me in a room with chocolates and candies it's very hard for me to remember certain things.

No comments:

Post a Comment