Monday, June 27, 2011

Last Day in Paris

It has been a great time getting to explore the famous city of lights, but also a tiring one. The only other time I would come back to Paris would be during the Fall or Winter, or a low season for tourism. The people haven't been too rude, at least not any ruder than you would find in the grand city of Houston. Many people seem to have adapted to tourism, but when the day is ending you can feel the stress of it all.
Until I went up the Eiffel tower today I didn't realize how beautiful Paris is from an aerial view. Although I still prefer a good hike into an unknown terrain, where you could find natural beauty and be able to enjoy it enough to move around and breathe. There is not much room for movement or personal enjoyment of any of the monuments here. It is somewhat sad in a way, but then again I much rather prefer the road less traversed. It is nice to be able to say that I've been there, and I am very thankful of that. Here are few pictures from today and yesterday. Enjoy. I'm at the half way point!
 Seine river boat ride. I thought the silhouette of the people was neat.




 Loving my 24x optical zoom (thanks Brian) This was taken from the top of the Eiffel tower!

I did not dare to go in with all those people but I had to see the pyramid. It reached about 100 degrees here...WOW..and I randomly caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror today and was caught off guard because I've never seen my face so tan...

No comments:

Post a Comment