Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Toulouse and my luck with water

Toulouse had a lot to offer, between giant cathedrals, museums, sculptures, and shopping you can accomplish quite a bit. I'm pretty sure we walked a great extent of the city. I went with two other girls, whom I shared a "family room" hotel room with. The room was rather odd and took random sets of stairs to get to. All in all we found it, even with the lights shutting off after we had just pushed the light switch. France conserves a lot of energy usage due to the high cost, but these lights didn't even stay on for two paces. The room consisted of one double and two twins. I think I was lucky enough to get the only bed that didn't creak incessantly. (one of the twins) The bathroom was an additional add on; we are pretty sure of that based on the fact that it appeared to be a cut out of one of the walls and was about the smallest one we have come across thus far. Not only was it small but the usage of space was not very well though out. There were no hooks for towels and you only had one person worth of space between the sink and the door (the width of me), but don't move more than two steps to your right or left otherwise you would be one with the shower or the toilet.
Speaking of the shower..but we'll get to that later.
First night out for dinner one of the girls was talking and some how knocked over the bottle of water on the table directly in my lap. That was the beginning of my luck with water. Dinner was superb. Most of the pictures I will post are of food, so don't continue if you have the urge to eat something sweet.
Ate alot, walked ALOT (thankfully...wait until you see what I ate) and saw alot of things. I enjoyed Toulouse for one time but never had the desire to want to go back. Some parts of the city were a bit grungy and there were a bunch of homeless people with big dogs every where. But then again they had some of the most beautiful public parks/gardens I've ever seen. Lots of shopping as well. The one store we came across with really cheap shoes was so crowded I almost thought I'd literally have to crawl on people to get out.
Second luck with water: So I was taking a shower on the last night before we left, and I had noticed earlier that the part where the hand held hose connected to the wall was leaking even more. As I'm lathering on shampoo I thought to myself  "it would really suck if the hose shot off at me" sure enough...that's what it did.


 Definitely made it worth the wet pants.
 Toulouse train station
 Forgot to mention the tootless frenchman who wanted to buy my friend a drink and work on his french lol. I secretly took a picture, I know that's wrong, but after ward I helped get rid of him. The worker in the hotel knew him and asked if he was bothering us.
 It's hard to remember to take a picture, as you can tell it was about to disappear.
 A lot of churches have neat little inner court yards with lots of flowers and gardens.
 blooming artichoke plant.

Stained glass, I try to change up the pics from the churches, some times they are just the same as others.
 The river that runs through Toulouse Garonne river I believe.
 Best cheese pizza ever, it had a variety of very good cheeses, such as goat cheese, blue cheese and others.
 Attempt at 10sec timed photo
 Yes, I know we have these in the states, but I thought it was a neat picture,
it also randomly showed up in a garden/park

No injuries, but I'm sure I've swallowed more soap than I ever did in my life ( all these "once in a life time experiences in France, right?" ). It scared the crap out of me. So I had to hold the hose as close as I could to where it came off so that I could rinse most of the soap off. We got the man down stairs to sort of fix it, but it needed more than what he did. So between walking around with the crotch of my pants soaked (in public) and getting attacked by a hose in a hotel, I still managed to enjoy Toulouse. Thankfully at the restaurant, where I got my pants soaked, we got fed shortly after because I almost had a fit with the girl who dumped the water on me. I knew it was an accident but my blood sugar was a bit low...yet I still managed to compose myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment