Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Il faut beau, aujourd'hui. (beautiful weather today)

The day was indeed gorgeous! Classes were long but the teacher is really great. I had one of my elective classes today, which is about the Tapestries of the Pau Castle. The castle has one of the most extensive and old tapestries apparently. Hopefully the class will be more enjoyable when we actually go see the actual tapestries. The teacher is from America and just talked french the entire time, reading lengthy pages of history. Most of us were trying our best not to fall asleep. It's also a two hour class!
I also had the first day of the french cooking class I signed up for. The recipe was pretty simple and tasted fine but not yet fancy enough. I'm not sure they can get much fancier in a cooking class. We all kind of share the work of preparing the meal, but the stew like substance we poured on top had been prepared the previous day. It was entertaining none the less.
 such a clear day, so you can see the mountains
 "oeufs mimosas" basically french version of tuna salad. I definitely prefer it; I don't generally like tuna salad. you mix the tuna with mayo of course, then take hard boiled eggs, halve them, take out the yolk without breaking the white part, spoon a bit of tuna in, put yolk in a cheese shredder and put over the top.
 "Poulet Basquaise" A traditional meal. In my opinion it could have a bit more flavor but its not bad. I didn't really eat the chicken, seeing as I don't really eat meat but I did try a bite. It's a sweet tomato sauce.
 "Fruits Frais-Sauce Chocolat" simple, chop up and peel apples, bananas, and strawberries. Use yummy dark french chocolate and put some boiling water in and mix until well melted and spoon over the top.

I also realized wine IS cheaper than water, although I haven't purchased any. I hope to go to a wine tasting about an hour away so that I can at least find a wine I like and then buy it, and maybe commence to drinking it.haha.

3 comments:

  1. Monique, I am diligently following your blog. So happy for you. Your pics are great. Can't wait for your next entry. Be safe.

    Your Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! It means the most! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese and wine are very good for the metabolism.

    Aunt D.

    ReplyDelete