Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Caliceo spa

Caliceo consisted of two main pools; one indoor and one outdoor. There was also a fabulous sauna; the first I have ever been in! Today it rained most of the morning and the temperature dropped quite a bit, so between the heated pool and sauna I warmed up. We spent almost 3hrs at Caliceo and it was fantastic! It truly was nice to just swim around and let your mind just relax.
I ended my day with a nice meal with Sylvie and actually had a pretty lengthy discussion (you could almost call it that) all in French. After one week being here I have gained more than I ever gained in the last year of learning French. Taking French for two years has definitely helped me have somewhat of an idea of certain vocabulary and sentence structure, or conjugations, but being here could never compare to learning in a classroom. I'm slowly becoming comfortable in my comprehension so I am more apt to partake in conversations. I can't wait to see the progress I will have obtained by the end of July.
Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous and Thursday is a holiday so we do not have class. Although we will make up for the missed class on Friday. I hope to go out with a few friends tomorrow evening. I am also going to cook dinner tomorrow and told Sylvie she was more than welcome to eat if she would like ( I think we understood each other..). Now, after a very good dinner and wine, I'm trying to decide between taking a nap (damn wine) or finishing my homework now rather than later. Oh...the decisions we have to deal with when in France....

1 comment:

  1. So cute. Great pics. It's 97 and climbing here. I know you're jealous. Hopefully your wine tolerance will improve.

    Be safe--Aunt D

    ReplyDelete